- Dr. Branislav K. Nikolić
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://web.physics.udel.edu/about/directory/faculty/branislav-k-nikolic
- Phone: (302) 831-2943
- Fax: (302) 831-1637
- M: 2:30PM-3:20PM in 218 Gore Hall.
- Office hours: Monday 1:30PM-2:30PM in 234 Sharp Lab, or by appointment (send me an email).
- Course starts on Monday, February 10 and terminates on Monday, May 18.
- Spring break: March 30-April 3.
- Instructor's travel schedule:
Lectures: The first three class times will discuss major physics and astronomy journals and databases and how to search them, style and tools for writing of scientific articles, and style and tools for presenting talks and posters.
Student talks: Starting in early March, students will present talks in the same format as APS contributed talks lasting 12 minutes (10 minutes to present; 2 minutes for Q & A) on a recent research frontier selected from the list posted at Topics.
Academic Honesty: The policy on academic honesty as stated in the Student Guide to University Policies will be followed during this course. In particular: collaboration on homework assignments and in-class activities is permitted and encouraged (unless your instructor explicitly indicates otherwise).
Students must attend all lectures and talks by other students.
- Grades will be Pass/Fail. To earn Pass grade, student must:
- select a topic by midnight February 24 by sending an email to the instructor with subject line PHYS600 topic,
- email PDF of your abstract, with subject line PHYS600 abstract and attachment phys600abstract_your_last_name.pdf, to the instructor in the APS format by Thursday midnight before Monday on which student is scheduled to give a talk,
- present talk during class time,
- attend ALL classes.
A student who misses deadlines associated with these three activities will receive Fail grade and will have to repeat the course.